Bedford Pumps has recently installed and commissioned three new fish friendly canister pumps for the Wolferton pumping station in Norfolk, UK.
The pumping station provides flood protection to a 2800 hectare catchment, including a number of villages and part of Queen Elizabeth II’s Sandringham Estate.
Operated by Kings Lynn Internal Drainage Board, the station pumps water from the drain to the tidal salt marshes of The Wash.
The original pumping station, which was commissioned by King George VI more than 65 years ago, had come to the end of its service life. The new pumping station was constructed next to the old one which was removed when the works were completed.
Bedford Pumps’ submersible fish friendly pumpsets are manufactured in cast iron with a Ni-Resist shroud and an aluminum bronze impeller. The pumps are canister mounted and installed into a vertical wet well and will each provide a duty of 1600 litres per second at 2.8m head with an approximate run time of 750 hours per pump per annum.