Neptune Chemical Pump, the manufacturer of chemical metering and peristaltic pumps, has launched its Model CLR-25 and CLR-50 Clear Bromine Feeders. They have been designed to be a convenient and efficient way to properly feed solid biocide or other corrosive water-treatment chemicals into closed-loop systems in cooling towers. The design and operation of the CLR-25 and CLR-50 models mean that they have the versatility to handle ball, stick, tablet and other forms of bromine.
In terms of delivery rates, the CLR-25 unit has a total capacity of 11.3 kg (25 lbs.) with an outlet feed rate of 2.5 to 4.8 kg (5.5 to 10.6 lbs.) and a flow range from 3.8 to 37.8 L/min (1 to 10 gpm). The CLR-50 model has a total capacity of 22.7 kg (50 lbs.) with an outlet feed rate of 3.6 to 7.3 kg (8 to lbs.) and a flow range of 3.8 to 3.78 kg (1 to 10 lbs.).
Other design features of both the CLR-25 and CLR-50 models include:
· A clear PVC body that allows the bromine to be viewed without opening the cap
· Two threaded bottom inlets and drain connections
· 15.2 cm (6 in.) top opening with threaded, O-ring enclosure
· Maximum pressure to 8.6 bar (125 psi)
· Maximum temperature to 38ºC (100ºF)
· Standard pressure relief valve set at 8.6 bar (125 psi)
· UV-inhibited materials
· Optional features include a PVC piping kit with unions, valves and all required fittings
· Flow indicators with four flow ranges from 0.38 to 37.9 L/min (0.1 to 10 gpm)