Flowserve seals nuclear valve joint venture with China’s SUFA

SUFA - Flowserve Nuclear Power Equipment (Suzhou) Co Ltd will manufacture safety-related valves, including main steam isolation valves for China’s civilian nuclear power industry.

The joint venture will be headquartered in Suzhou, in Jiangsu province, China. SUFA will hold 55% of the joint venture’s registered capital, and Flowserve the remaining 45%. Both companies will contribute nuclear power valve technology and build a joint manufacturing facility.

“This joint venture will help promote the expansion of China’s civilian nuclear power market,” said Tom Pajonas, president of the Flowserve Flow Control Division. “This joint venture supports Flowserve’s Chinese nuclear power strategy. We believe it will provide additional opportunities to continue supporting this important market.”

“This amendment will satisfy the Chinese government’s nuclear power development strategy, and will make this joint venture a successful nuclear valve manufacturer in China,” said Jiangang Qiu, vice president of China National Nuclear Corp (CNNC) and chairman of SUFA.