Over the years, the Grovetown, Georgia, USA-based slurry pump manufacturer has grown from a small, family-owned business to a global supplier.
GIW started out in 1891 as a small foundry and machine shop in Augusta, Georgia, under the name Georgia Iron Works. The company began building slurry pumps in 1914.
KSB acquired GIW in 1996. GIW continued to operate under the name GIW Industries until 2014, when its slurry products were officially rebranded as GIW® Minerals.
GIW has manufacturing locations in Thomson and Grovetown, Georgia, and service centres in Georgia; Lakeland, Florida; and Fort McMurray, Canada.
The company’s pumps have been used all over the world in a range of industries including metals mining, industrial processes, waterway deepening and beach restoration.