World Pumps accepts cost-free, unsolicited contributions if they provide value to our readers and webiste visitors. The World Pumps editor, alan burrows, has provided these notes here to help you decide if your proposed submission is suitable, and what form it should take.
(NB: Please click here if you are from a PR organisation or company wanting to submit a press release)
Who are our readers?
World Pumps aims to provide the international pump industry with a mix of information on product and market developments.
The magazine and website aims to provide information all people who have an interest in pumps. Industry sectors include:
- Chemical & adbrasive handling
- Oil & gas
- Power generation
- Fluid transporation
- Water & wastewater
- Construction & mining
- Energy efficiency
- Pulp & paper
- Food & drink
(Click here for a fuller profile of World Pumps readers)
Many articles appearing in World Pumps are accessed by around 100,000 readers as they are shared between our different media outlets:
- World Pumps International readership combined print and online: 18,000
- World Pumps China readership: 42,960
- Website monthly page impressions average: 32,602
- Science Direct (Elsevier's on-line research library) average monthly hit figures on World Pumps features: 6,781
We also publish a bi-monthly magazine (see an example issue here).
Types of content
World Pumps welcomes press releases and to have the best chance of getting your release published we would recommend you read this blog post.
Word count: 250-600Contact: the editor
Applications or case studies
The best way to demonstrate the success of a product is by its application in the field. World Pumps is always interested in hearing from companies who can provide application stories/case studies.
Word count: 750-1400Deadline: submit when readyContact: the editor
Features in World Pumps tend to be 3 - 4 pages in length, of around 1500 - 3000 words including three or four images. Articles longer that this, should be submitted in two or more parts with each part having a separate introduction and conclusion, referencing information in the other parts where necessary.
Word count: 1500-3000Deadline: submit when readyContact: the editor
World Pumps is also happy to consider bloggers from companies selling pump products, as long as the blog does not become a blatant sales pitch.
Please send in a short email to the editor with the following information:
1. What is area the blog will cover and who is it relevant for?2. How often will you post a blog? (minimum twice a month).
Regular reporter or correspondent
World Pumps is a global publication reporting on developments from many countries around the world.
If you would like to be a country correspondent please do get in touch by emailing the editor.
Reasons to write for writing for World Pumps
- World Pumps has an international reach, so contirbutors can position themselves as industry commentators.
- World Pumps gives all of its contributors a byeline. If you work for an organisation, the prospect of increasing the brand recognition of your company cost free and writing for our readership would make any effort worthwhile.
- Word Pumps is often distrubuted at major industry events, giving the article a wider distriubtion in the pump industry.
- Many contributors come from the companies manufacturing products. If you are submitting a feature, World Pumps is happy to incorporate the name of products, as long as the article provides objective value.
Please do get in touch if you are interested by emailing the editor.