VMA’s chairman of the board for the 2022–2023 year is Matt Thiel, president of Auma Actuators Inc.
Andy Duffy, vice president Sales, Emerson/ASCO, will serve as the 2022–2023 vice chairman of the board and treasurer.
Other members of the VMA executive committee include Nathan Brunell, product line general manager, Baker Hughes; Kirk Wilson, president, Flow Control Division, Flowserve; and Ron Warren, president and COO of Bray International Inc, who serves as immediate past chair.
The following VMA members are returning as board members:
- Alejandro Alcala, senior vice president, Crane Co
- Mark Claffey, president, Trillium Valves USA
- Danilo Garcia, president, RF Valves Inc
- Seth Guterman, CEO, American Valve
- David Loula, director, Global Products and Markets, ITT Engineered Valves
- Kevin McKown, regional president, Americas – IMI Critical Engineering
- Kevin J. Tinsley, senior vice president Global Operations, Valmet
- Rob Velan, executive vice president, MRO & Aftermarket and vice-chairman of the board, Velan Valve Corp
- Brian Wright, president/CEO, A-T Controls
The VMA board of directors also approved Andrew Masullo, senior general manager of Valves Division, Curtiss Wright, who was elected to a 3-year term.
“The industrial valve industry is facing new challenges, and Ron Warren’s leadership over the last year has positioned VMA to be ready to tackle tomorrow’s issues as we implement the 3-year strategic plan that was approved last year,” said VMA incoming chair Matt Thiel. “It’s an honour to continue what Ron and the other chairs who have served before me have started while adding my own legacy to the VMA. I look forward to serving as chair as our industry transitions from pandemic recovery to taking on new challenges such as energy transition and sustainability, workforce development, supply chain delays and material shortages, and any other issues that may come up during my tenure.”
Founded in 1938, the VMA represents the interests of nearly 100 North American manufacturers of valves, actuators and controls.